Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Bars are the perfect treat for these cooler months. They start with a thick Oreo crust layered with creamy cheesecake filling packed with bits of peppermint bark. The final layer is a decadent white chocolate ganache sprinkled with peppermint pieces and chopped Oreo’s. Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Bars are so good, you may not want to share.
*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Another holiday season is nearly behind us and a new year quickly approaching in just a couple of days. Hopefully, all of you had an enjoyable holiday however you celebrate. Hubby and I made our rounds to see all of the families, sure to spend a little time with everyone. We’re hoping that by this time next year, we’ll have an adoption finalized and a child(ren) in our home to share the holidays with.
Being the baker in the family, every time there is a gathering, I am the one volunteered to bring dessert. I take this as my chance to try out a new recipe that I’ve found or have had floating around in my mind. Peppermint and holidays always seem to go hand in hand, and you can never go wrong with Oreo’s, and I right? It seemed like making a cheesecake was a no-brainer, and so Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Bars were born.
Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Bars are easy to make but to require a bit of time and patience. There are multiple steps that require some waiting around, but the end result is so worth it. It was love at first bite. A little secret; I selfishly wondered if there would be enough to take to the family gathering by the time I got through with them. Ha! (They did make it, by the way)
If you still have a holiday party to attend or a New Year’s get together, these bars are sure to be a hit. Or, if you want a sweet treat for around the house, there’s nothing wrong with making them for yourself!
For this recipe, I used the following products: Ninja Blender for crushing the Oreos and peppermint bark
KitchenAid Stand Mixer for making the filling
Meat Tenderizer for crushing the candy canes
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- 14 Oreos, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 46 Oreos, finely crushed
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- Peppermint bark chopped up finely
- 1 bag (10 ounces) white chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed candy cane pieces
- Line a cookie sheet sheet with parchment paper
- Put semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds. Stir after each 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and spread into an even, flat layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped Oreos and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Be careful with white chocolate, as it burns easily.
- Pour over the Oreos and spread until it is in a smooth, even layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy cane pieces and chill until set.
- Break into pieces and set aside.
- Line the bottom of two 9-inch square baking pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the finely crushed Oreos crumbs with melted butter. Put half of the mixture into each of the prepared pans, pressing to the bottom in an even layer.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- With a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the sour cream, flour, salt, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Beat until mixed in well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating on a low speed until mixed in.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in peppermint bark pieces until mixed throughout evenly.
- Take the filling, placing half of it on each of the crusts. Spread evenly over the crust until smooth.
- Reduce the temperature to 325º F and bake for 40-60 minutes or until slightly golden on top. The center should be set and top appear dull.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Place white chocolate chips in a heat resistant bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to boil and pour over white chocolate, stirring until smooth
- Let cool and pour half over each cheesecake evenly.
- Sprinkle top with chopped Oreos and candy cane pieces.
- Cut into bars and enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge.