*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Pumpkin Banana Cream Cheese Swirl Bread is the perfect way to break in the fall season. The flavors of banana really come out, with a subtle pumpkin twist and creamy, cheesecakey bonus. You won’t be scoffing at the pumpkin craze after trying this bread!
October is here, which means that it is officially autumn. The leaves will start changing colors within the coming weeks, turning shades of red, yellow and orange before falling to the ground. The humidity will tame, leaving cool mornings and pleasantly warm afternoons. It is acceptable to start wearing cute boots with skinny jeans. Most importantly, pumpkin-flavored drinks and foods are here, at least for the next couple of months!
I know, I know. I can almost see you rolling your eyes. Yes, it is true that pumpkin flavored foods have gotten a bit out of control. I saw a recipe the other day for pumpkin fettuccine alfredo. Sadly, I am curious to try it, despite my mind screaming ‘don’t do it!’
Now that it is October, I am going to post one pumpkin inspired recipe per week. First up is Pumpkin Banana Cream Cheese Swirl Bread. I found this recipe on Mom on Time Out while searching Pinterest for a simple pumpkin banana bread because, you know, some bananas had been left unloved on the counter a little too long…again. Plus, I’ve been dying to make something pumpkin, because what is fall without pumpkin?
While searching, I stumbled upon a recipe that added a cream cheese layer straight through the middle. Can you say YUM?!?!
This bread is the perfect way to break in pumpkin season. It is dense and moist, more like a pound cake, but it is oh-so-good. My husband has had two slices already and it is still warm from the oven. His only suggestion is to add in some pecans to add some crunch and texture variation.
I will definitely try this addition out next time.
Products used in making this recipe:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9Ã5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine bananas and both sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined. Beat in pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and butter until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly throughout the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Mix in the flour until no lumps remain.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture carefully and evenly over the contents of the pan.
- Spread the remaining pumpkin banana mixture over the cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly over top of it, making sure it is smooth and even.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.