*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
These easy to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect way to start your day. With this fall favorite comes the surprise of oats a chocolatey twist that you are sure to love and enjoy! Be sure to also check out the recipe for Pumpkin Banana Cream Cheese Swirl Bread!
It’s been getting harder and harder to get up in the mornings these past few weeks. Maybe it is the cooler mornings, or maybe it’s due to the fact that it is dark out again when the alarm goes off. Maybe it’s a combination of both. I mean, surely others also find it easier to get up when it’s light out earlier. Either way, when the alarm so rudely interrupts my sleep at 5:40, getting up is the last thing I want to do.
Because of this, I’ve been lying in bed longer than I should, leaving less time to get ready for work. On a good day, I have just enough time to shower, do my hair and makeup, then rush out the door. Breakfast isn’t even a thought until I realize I forgot to grab it…again. Usually, this realization hits somewhere along the freeway.
These past few mornings, though, have been different. On my way out the door, I’ve been snagging a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin to eat once I get to my desk. I made the batch on Sunday and they have been the perfect solution to my rushed, breakfastless mornings. Even better, they go perfectly with my morning Cold Brew. It’s like they were made for each other.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are packed full of flavor and the addition of chocolate and oats really adds something special. If you’re looking for something quick, easy, and different for breakfast, these are the way to go!
Plus, it never hurts that there are enough to last the entire week! Can you say, ‘WIN’?!?!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners so that you have 15
- Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Add the eggs, melted oil, and pumpkin puree and mix well until dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle tops with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.